Vision, charity and the ability to transform ideas and dreams into reality are some of the qualities that have distinguished Meenakshi Mission Hospital since inception. Our mission, for over 30 years, has been to provide affordable, world-class health care to all. We are now getting closer to our mission that says ‘No man is too poor to afford first-grade medical treatment.’.
We are proud of the fact that this institution has always respected and continues to honor the founding principle of ‘Service to the community’. This remains the cornerstone on which the great edifice of MMHRC has been built. We pride ourselves at walking that extra mile for every patient, offering cutting-edge technologies and taking revolutionary strides in the field of affordable health care.
"It is not enough to stare up the steps – we must step up the stairs."
At Meenakshi Mission Hospital we have chosen to climb the ladder rung by rung. We work earnestly towards our vision of MMHRC being a sanctuary of care for individuals in need of medical assistance and intervention. We not only strive to fulfill the comprehensive medical and nursing needs of our patients, we also adopt a patient-friendly approach in which we treat our patients and their families as our partners in holistic care. Thereby, MMHRC has lit a beacon of hope in many a heart and has become an institution of trust.
We always strive to make a difference: our staff and volunteers serve the community with dedication, compassion, and commitment towards ‘Medical excellence with a heart’. Together we endeavor to become one of the most competitive hospitals in the health care industry in the country. At MMHRC the emphasis is always on:
- Quality patient care delivery systems
- Efficiency in operations
- Reliability for stakeholders
- Thrust on discovery
- Active involvement in Clinical medical research
During the last 30 years, we have learned and grown. But time hasn’t altered our commitment to the community that brought us to life in the first place. The Smile Train team has brought a smile to many. The team has conducted about 6000 cleft lip/palate surgeries and keeps going strong.
As human existence is challenged by incomprehensible diseases and ailments, we attempt to reach the core of scientific processes to unearth effective remedies.
Many corporates offer ‘Employees Health Schemes’ and have tied up with our hospital for the treatment of their employees. On getting the referral from these corporates, the patients are admitted and cashless treatment given till discharge. The bills are forwarded to the respective corporates for payments. Since MMHRC offers highly satisfactory services, over 60 companies have chosen to have corporate tie-ups with us, benefiting over 8000 corporate patients every year.
Our corporate partners include:
- AVTech Ltd., Hosur
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- BSNL – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- Central Electrochemical Chemical Research Institute, Karaikudi
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute
- Central Warehousing Corporation Limited
- Covanta Madurai Operating Pvt. Limited
- EI Dupont India Limited
- EKAM Foundation
- ESI – Employees State Insurance Corporation
- ECHS – Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme
- Fenner India Limited
- Food Corporation of India
- Heavy Water Plant, Tuticorin
- Hindustan Motors Limited
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- IBP Co. Limited
- Indian Airlines Limited
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Jet Airways (India) Pvt. Limited
- Kodai International School, Kodaikanal
- Madras Cements Limited, Virudhungar
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited, Karaikal
- Pioneer Spinners, Kamuthakudi
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- Rajshree Sugars & Chemicals Limited
- Sakthi Sugars Limited, Sivaganga
- Shri Ramalinga Mills Limited
- SPIC – Southern Petrochemical Industries Corporation Limited, Tuticorin
- TV Sundaram Iyengar & Sons Limited, Madurai
- Tamilnadu Minerals Limited
- Tamilnadu State Transport Corporation Limited
- Tamilnadu Cements Corporation, Alangulam
- The National Small Industries Corporation Limited
- Titan Industries Limited, Hosur
- Tuticorin Alkaline Chemicals Limited
- Tuticorin Port Trust Cargo Handling Labour Pool, Tuticorin
- Tuticorin Port Trust
- Villa Shipping and Trading Co. Pvt. Limited
The following categories of government employees are approved to get treatment at MMHRC:
- The government of India officials.
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Approvals.
- Central and State Government employees treated as per approval is given by the respective authorities.
- Central Government employees: Central Government employees and their eligible family members can undergo treatment as per the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Approval No: S.14021/5/96-MS dated 3.2.1997.
- The government of Tamil Nadu employees and their eligible family members can undergo treatment as per the Government of Tamil Nadu G.O. MS. No: 377, dated 13th October 2005 (Finance Salaries).
- Our hospital has been accredited in Tamil Nadu G.O.Ms.No.400, (Finance Salaries) dated 29/08/2000.
- The government of Tamil Nadu pensioners: Government of Tamil Nadu pensioners and their eligible family members can undergo treatment as per the Government of Tamil Nadu G.O. No.474, dated 30th September 2009 and G.O. No.475, dated 30th September 2009 and G.O. No.477, dated 30th September 2009.
List of diseases covered under the Tamil Nadu Government Orders:
Cardiology and Cardiothoracic surgery:
Open heart surgery including:
- Coronary bypass surgery(CABG)
- Valve replacement
- Correction of congenital complex heart diseases
- Angioplastyand PTCA stent (approved in G.O.Ms.No.556, (Finance Salaries) Dept., dated 8.11.2004)
- Balloon Valvuloplasty
- Permanent Pacemaker
- Peripheral artery embolism (Embolectomies)
- Bypass surgeries(Aneurysm repair)
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Fracture of hip and limb bones
- Ball and socket fracture
- Arthroscopic repair of ligaments of the knee
Nephrology / Urology:
- Renal transplantation
- Surgical management of malignancy (cancer)
- Laser or Radiation, for treatment of cancer
- Bone tumortreatment
- Cancer surgery
- Emergency lifesaving operations of the brain / spinal cord
- Advanced specialized operations on the brain and spinal cord such as cerebrovascular surgery (for Aneurysm and Arteriovenous Malformation), skull base surgery, deep-seated tumors of the brain, syntactic surgery)
- Surgery for Intractable epilepsy
- Surgery for congenital malformation including Hydrocephalus
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome treatment
- Any cataractsurgery with or without Intra Ocular Lens (IOL)
- Surgery for detachment of the retina
- Keratoplasty(Corneal grafting)
- Laser treatment – Krypton Laser, Dye Laser, Argon Laser, Photocoagulation, etc.
- Linear Accelerator Therapy (for senile Macular Degeneration Tumor)
- Amputation of legs (already approved in G.O.Ms.No.400, Finance (Sal.) Dept., dated: 29.8.2000 and included in this list for the purpose of allotting Serial number)
- Amputation of arms
- Amputation of toes (foot ulcer)
- Amputation of foot
- Acute upper airway obstruction
- Corrective structures GI tract
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Plastic and Facio Maxillary
- Treatment of acute burns
- Injuries in the ear, nose, throat and neck areas and their management
- Surgery for the removal of the uterus (hysterectomy)
- Brain feverand related ailments
The Manager - Corporates
Mobile: +91 98421 58862, +91 452 4263262
Tel: 0452-4263000 /2543000